Beachfront villa built in 1960 next to the famous “Torre de Calahonda”, an antique watch tower built in 1575 that served as part of a defence chain of watch towers protecting against potential pirate attacks. The line of watch towers stretches from the Costa del Sol all the way to Cádiz. Surrounded by crew houses at that time, the towers were well-supplied with necessities and were well looked after by the crews residing close to the towers. Therefore some of the towers still stand to this very day. The tower gives a certain flair to the property initially built as a holiday home by the Spanish nobleman Enrique de la Mata, minister and president of the International Red Cross (1981 -87). Located 10-12 meters above the sea, the villa has been reformed completely in 2001, is protected by high walls and comprises: 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, guest toilet, games and TV room, living room (90 m2) with fireplace, laundry, large fully furnished kitchen, saltwater swimming pool and a pavilion which could be converted into a guest house (50 m2). The main house could be extended another 78 m2. Features include: Italian Travertine marble floors, hand crafted kitchen, underfloor heating, alarm systems inside and outside, open fireplace, BBQ area in the garden, store rooms, irrigation system, own well, automatic gate, Lutron illumination system, musical system Linn, satellite TV, parking space for 3 cars, huge area for extensions. The town hall has started the construction of the beach hiking trail directly in front of the property. From the garden, 2 doors lead directly to the new walkway, a new glass balustrade will be established and the paddle tennis court will be demolished and transformed into a flower garden. Next to Puerto Cabopino and 12 minutes’ drive to Marbella town. A quality villa in an unbeatable location with unspoiled 210º sea views, total privacy, direct access to the beach, no traffic noise, no building activity and close to the bus station.